How to Bid at 1stBid
- Absentee Bidding: Absentee Bids, also known as left bids or order bids, allow you to participate in the auction as if you were present in the salesroom. Here's how it works:
- You provide 1stBid with a confidential maximum bid limit.
- Our auctioneer will bid on your behalf, competing against other bidders until the bidding reaches your limit.
- If other bidders drop out before reaching your maximum bid, you will purchase the lot at the next increment.
WHAT IS +1? You have the option to authorize us to increase your bid by one increment. By checking the plus one (+1) box beside your maximum bid, we can bid once more in the event a competing bidder lands on your exact bid.
Two Ways to Submit Absentee Bids:
Online Catalogues: Conveniently place absentee bids through our online catalogues. Internet absentee bids may be submitted until 8 am (EST) on the morning of the sale. First-time Internet bidders must register prior to bidding.
Client Services or Fax: Leave Absentee Bids with our Client Services department during our exhibition or by fax at [fax number]. Completed and signed bid forms must be received by 1stBid no later than 5 pm (EST) on the evening before the auction.
Live Online Bidding - BidLive! Experience the excitement of live bidding from anywhere in the world using your computer or mobile device. Follow these steps:
- Sign in at 1stbid.com.
- Register to bid live in real-time during an upcoming sale.
- Enjoy the convenience of bidding from the comfort of your own space.
Please note that 1stBid does not guarantee uninterrupted or error-free live Internet bidding, or the receipt of Internet bids.
- Telephone Bidding: If you are unable to attend the auction in person, you can still participate live by bidding over the telephone with the assistance of our trained staff. Here's what you need to know:
- Telephone bidding is typically available for lots with a minimum estimate of at least $2,000.
- Completed and signed bid forms must be received by 1stBid no later than 2 pm (EST) on the evening before the auction.
- Please note that telephone bids cannot be arranged on the day of the sale.
- 1stBid does not guarantee uninterrupted or error-free remote phone bidding. Overseas bidders and clients using a cell phone are encouraged to leave a safety bid, which will function as an absentee bid in case the call fails.
Participating in an auction at 1stBid is a thrilling experience, and we strive to provide you with various bidding options to suit your preferences. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please contact our dedicated team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-917-623-6308.